Some years ago, Robin Burnside started making & selling wholesale specialty cheesecakes in Monterey, California. Eventually that led to her opening up the Carmel Café, a much beloved spot where she served breakfast, lunch and dinner.
After years of success there, Robin and her family opened Café Amphora in the rugged natural beauty of Big Sur.
This was followed up with work as a private chef and caterer. I could go on, but the point is that Robin Burnside knows how to make really good food. Lucky for us, she has shared some of her recipes in the recently published cookbook titled:
Among my favorites in the book are the following recipes:
- Bali Toast - Robin says it’s a “tropical twist on French toast” with additions like banana, yogurt and cinnamon cooked in coconut oil.
- Gado-Gado – A traditional Indonesian peanut sauce. Beauty of this sauce is that it “blooms” with age and is very easy to prepare.
- Big Batch Pizza – Got kids? This wholesome recipe makes up to 6 large pizza’s for pennies a serving.
- Cranberry-Tangerine Relish – Made with whole fresh cranberries this sweet and tart relish is competently versatile.
- Handmade Whole Grain Crackers - What a concept!
- Apple-Raspberry Crisp – Beauty of this recipe is that it can be substituted with nearly every seasonal fruit, making this a classic, go to recipe.
Listen here: The Homesteaders Kitchen